Whether you attend a church service, participate in an egg hunt, or simply eat a package of Peeps, Easter is a fun holiday because of the family time, sweet treats, and pastel colors. No matter what you’re doing on or around the holiday, you definitely need to take the time to make these adorable and tasty Easter cookies.
Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nests
Full credit for this recipe goes to Two Peas and Their Pod.
Yield: 10 nests Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 17-20 minutes
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg white
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
1 cup Nutella
M&M Speck-tacular Eggs (or other Easter candy)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined. Add in the coconut and mix well.
3. With a spoon, scoop up about 3 tablespoons of the dough and place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Form the cookies into the shape of a bird nest. Press down the center with your thumb.
4. Bake cookies for 17 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and press your thumb down in the center of the nests again. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes or until they are firm and set. Remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
5. Place about a tablespoon of Nutella in the center of each nest. Place 3 egg candies in the center of the nest. Finish decorating the nests and serve.
What is your favorite part about Easter?