Often these days, the phrase, “I’m sorry” is used for things that don’t necessarily need to be apologized for. Who cares if your favorite food is carbs or that you actually saw One Direction in concert last weekend when you said it was The Strokes? Read on for 10 more things you should never feel bad about…
1. Wanting to spend Saturday night under the covers. Partying is great, but we all know it can get old. When your best friend calls you up post-midnight, act natural like you weren’t just awaken by her call and tell her the truth (“I’m in bed and Life Size just came on Disney channel”). You may need to giver he the ‘ol “aww man you’re having so much more fun than I” or “ugh, who watches Disney anymore” to get her off your case. Because sometimes you just want a sundae and the Housewives in your bed instead of a guy!
2. Someone else’s case of the Mondays. You just busted out of yoga singing Natasha Bedingfield and now you’re at lunch with your friend who happens to be experiencing, ahem, that time of the month. Misery loves company. Don’t be the one to fall in to the trap! Find a way to keep that positive streak going and know that your girl will come out of that funk in six days or so.
3. Really wanting a boyfriend. It’s taboo for girls to proclaim they want a boyfriend because it makes them look weak. Au contraire! Whoever said not wanting someone to love and have love you back was a bad thing? Never say sorry for wanting to be in a relationship because having a significant other can be just as rewarding as playing the field!
4. Reading self-improvement books. After taking a course on Gandhi my freshman year (thanks, college gen-eds!), I’ve been totally obsessed with this type of literature. Who says you have to be going to therapy to browse the self-help section at Barnes & Noble? Don’t apologize for wanting to learn how to be a better person.
5. Squishing the spiders in your room. I read somewhere the average person eats eight spiders in their sleep in their lifetime… yeah let’s bring down that average.
6. Being unable to donate your spare change to the kids outside of Wal-Mart. Nothing screams broke college student more than this one! Sometimes you just gotta give the Girl Scouts a rain check and hope they’ll be able to forgive you when you make millions and buy off the rest of the Tagalong supply.
7. Spending hours in the bathroom. It’s not what you’re thinking — I’m talking about that lengthy amount of time ladies take when they are getting ready! It’s half the fun, isn’t it? All great things take time. Showering, putting on lotion and makeup, drying your hair, styling yo ur hair, and picking out the perfect outfit are no exception to the rule.
8. Splurging your last paycheck on a pair of Hunter rain boots. It’s summer, which means half your time is spent lounging by the pool and the other half working your boo-tay off at that boring summer job. So if you want to splurge a little on a new designer handbag, Lily dress, or iPhone, go for it! You’re working hard for your money; you deserve a treat! As long as you’re not maxing out your credit card on Anthropologie.com, don’t feel bad about one little splurge.
9. Laying out for hours at the beach. Don’t we all just want to be tan in the summer? I like to layer on sunscreen and then tanning oil on top to feel safe, but also like I’m attracting the sun. Sounds like it would all cancel out… but hey, I still get tan lines so I must be doing something right!
10. Party rocking. No excuse necessary LMFAO!
What would you add to the list? Tell us in the comments below!
Alexa is a twenty-something student at James Madison University. She is majoring in Media Arts & Design and minoring in both Creative Writing and Anthropology. She aspires a career at a magazine.
Alexa Johnson has 10 post(s) on Love Twenty