Awhile ago, I confessed to having an addiction to discount shopping, and this week, I’d like to continue with some further advice about savvy purchasing, but focus on what many consider the most dangerous addiction: online shopping.
Online shopping is not your worst nightmare. It can be tricky, but if you follow my guidelines, you will achieve major deals and build a fabulous closet. You must become familiar with the websites and how they operate. You must also practice self-discipline while shopping, something we all need to work on both with shopping and other aspects of our lives. So, I have compiled a list of what can be your go-to online shopping guide to help coach you through what could be a frustrating shopping experience.
Piperlime: This website is my go-to online shopper. It has EVERYTHING–literally! From apparel, to shoes, to accessories and more, Piperlime can be your last minute stop or your initial destination for anything you might need in your closet. Twice a year, they have their “LimeTag Sale” where many items are 40-60% off, including their sale! You can find exactly what you’re looking for because of their detailed search engine and find fabulous digs from Tucker, Milly, Seven Jeans, Madison Harding, Dolce Vita, and designers like Marc Jacob and Kate Spade. Owned by Gap, Inc. you will not be disappointed in what you find!
Rare-to-Find Stores: We all know these stores. They’re not necessarily hard to find, but if you do not live in a major city, like me, you are not offered the same options as other big-city-living fashionistas. Luckily, our fine friend called technology has solved this problem for us country girls. Most stores have an online site, so if you are short on options in your town, grab your Ipad and luxury is just a click away!
A Few to Get You Started:
- www.katespade.com (they always have things on sale)
- www.toryburch.com (classic pieces, worth the money, visit on occassion)
1. Sign up for emails on your favorite websites. This way, you are alerted about spontaneous sales. Sometimes these opportunities last for a day or two, so if you check your email on your phone, it’s totally worth it to click the link and see what’s available.
2. Save the purchase confirmation emails! I stress this action because it will save you when the website makes a rare mistake. You have proof that you bought something if it gets lost in the mail and you have proof that you did not purchase a certain item if they accidentally add something to your order.
3. Finally, carefully read the return policy. Doing this will save you the stress of losing money because no one can afford an unwanted item!
Where do you score the best discounts online?
Katie Tibbett is a recent graduate from The University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Arts in English, Roll Tide! Katie has goals of becoming an English teacher and in the mean time, enjoys swimming, writing, reading, camping, decorating and her biggest challenge, learning to cook.
Katie Tibbett has 7 post(s) on Love Twenty